Monday 14 May 2012

Vintage Tag

It was so lovely to put this little tag together for the second week of Vicki's  challenge: Tags ... it was my first crafting I've done after four days of clearing out my craft room (maybe I should rather say 'craft spaces' (lol) ) and decorating one of the bathrooms (and there is more to come - sigh). But it feels good, I found a lot of bits I thought I had lost and the new sense of tidyness makes it very enjoyable to work on new crafty projects!
the focal point for the tag is a stamped image (Prima Marketing) of a wonderful girl or even young lady adorned with beautiful flowers
 The image is stamped with Archival ink on patterend paper from ScrapCake and coloured with various distress inks. I used a Crafty Individual text stamp for the background and distressed the edges of the paper with ink as well. The patterened paper is layered on corrugated card from some old packaging - I removed one of the paper layers to expose the rough texture underneath and dabbed it with distress stains. 
As embellishments I chose some crochet lace, a paper flower from Prima Marketing, a little stamped label (Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations and Lili of the Valley stamps) and some pearls. 

For more fabulous inspiration, hop over to Vicki's blog and hopefully you can join as well. 
.... Now back to sorting out fabrics and wool and sewing curtains .... Petra.

10 comments:

Vicki Romaine said...

A beautiful tag.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, Petra! Valerie

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful tag Petra. I forgot I had this stamp so thank you for reminding me. Hope all is well with you. Hugs Annette x

Michele said...

this is just beautiful. xo

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous tag Petra and well done on having a clear out! xx

Ali Manning said...

This is so pretty, Petra! The recycled base of the tag looks great - I love the look of corrugated cardboard.

Marjie Kemper said...

Just beautiful, Petra! Love the rough cardboard contrasting with that delicate image.

Cgra said...

This is beautiful! I love how you exposed the core of the cardboard on the tag; great idea.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous; what a cute little girl! Look forward to seeing your newly decorated rooms (we are having a bit of work done too, lol!),

Lucy x

Terry said...

Oh do I hear you about being tidy and making crafting so much more enjoyable! Do you know there are things I just can't find, but never seem to be able to just clean it up completely! I get mostly done and then another project needs doing! Love this little sweet young lady and the pink and cardboard give such a great shabby chic feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails