Thursday 10 May 2012

Baking Charms and Tag

The theme over at Tag Tuesday is: Baking ... something very close to my heart (lol). When I set out to create the tag, I could not really decide what to do - there is too much choice. But then I remembered Terry's fantastic Shrink Plastic tutorial over at Frillie and Funkie and thought it would be quite good fun to make some baking charms
I had  not played with Shrink Plastic for quite a long time and had forgotten about all the pitfalls especially when using the heat gun! For the little cupcakes I stamped the images (Hero Arts) with Archival ink on the plastic, cut them out and coloured them with Koh-i-noor pencils and then punched a hole. For the baking label I cut a shape with Nestabilities and inked the shape with distress ink (Antique Linen) using a soft brush. Then I stamped the label (Waltzing Mouse) with Versamark Magic on the plastic. Once the ink was dry, I did a spot of colouring using the colouring pencils.
I am always so amazed how much images shrink ... the label is about 3cm in height, the cupcakes about 1 cm - they are tiny. One of them I used to make a very simple tag using the baking label stamp, layering the label on Bazill card and embellishing it with some paper flower, pearl and some ribbon - have a lovely evening, Petra.


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely charms, and a great idea! Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, wouldn't that label be good to add to the ribbon on your boxes when you make your cakes? Lovely x

Marjie Kemper said...

Isn't it great when there are too many choices, and then you narrow down to just what you want? These are so sweet. I really love the little charm hanging from the panel.

MezzoKat said...

The charms are adorable! Love the colors.

Sharon said...

Great tag Petra! Love the little cupcake charm - just perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!!

Ellis said...

Stunning tag you made and love the little charms! =)
Thanks for joining us at Art With No boundaries! =)
Hugs, Elenor DT

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Petra, Great project, I love your little charms. I have a piece of old shrink plastic I have been hoarding for a while because I haven't found a source in Canada near by to purchase more. After seeing your charms, I am going to have to dig it out. I've never tried my heat gun on it though and will have to give that a try too. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing in our Anything Goes / Fit to be Tied challenge on Art With No Boundaries.
:) Chris / CS Designs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails