Wednesday 29 February 2012

Experimental Frog Leap

with Gingersnap Creations for Once In A Blue Moon challenge: Things That Leap ... on Leap Day or all year round (lol)
Aren't they sweet ... and maybe a little bit creepy .... but they seem to be full of enthusiasm and determination to get the golden ball out of the pond, well, the pretend pond!
This is quite an old book I 'rescued' from a dump. The paper is wonderfully soft, mellow and aged and it was a joy to work with it. To alter the book I started cutting circles by hand creating a small basin just deep enough for the golden pearl/ball. The next step was to glue the pages together. Because I wanted the book to look like a book I did not glue the sides of the book but only the individual pages
For creating the leap scene I inked the background and surface with various distress inks and stamped the muslin pattern from Lost Coast Design. I cut out the frogs from a clipart image and glued it to the page. The big bolt letters are Sizzix diecuts also stamped with the muslin pattern.

Come and leap with us over at Gingersnap Creations, this is so much fun! Petra.

14 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Petra, I just adore this! So clever and sweet!!

Suze Bain said...

Petra, this is just fab-u-lous! xx

Unknown said...

Love it Petra!

Sharon said...

Oh wow what a fun creation!!

Ali Manning said...

I love this creation, Petra - it's so vintage and whimsical - fabulous :)

Alexa said...

Wow Wow Wow ... When I saw this it blew me away! So creative and beautifully made. I started my altered book in October and it's still not finished so I'm doubly impressed! X

Netty said...

Wow as soon as I saw this at Gingersnaps I knew it was yours.......fabulous work. x

Shelley said...

The Frog Woman (me, lol) is simply drooling over this! I'd be in love with it even if I hadn't been a frog collector for over 50 years. Fantastic work!

Marjie Kemper said...

I'd like to say something new but echo my "WOW" to the others! This is stunning. Love the colors and the little pond is amazing.

Mary Ann Potter said...

These little froggies are absolutely wonderful. A very joyous work of art!!!

Debbie said...

This is TOO cute Petra! How whimsical and imaginative! Awesome!

Debbie
^..^

Anonymous said...

Too cool, Petra! I love the scene you've created.

Unknown said...

This is really cool. I love the pond idea, this was a fairy tail I am sure some where in my distant memory somewhere about a golden ball in a pool. Please put me out of my misery lol. How did you get it to stand I really like this idea almost like a pop up book ornament really love it ;0) Dawn xx

Laura said...

Loving this creation. Those frogs are lush leaping!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails