Friday 20 January 2012

White - Experimental Paper Embroidery

For Tag Tuesday the challenge was to create a tag in WHITE. A good opportunity to have a little play and to do some experimenting. I haven't done any 'serious' embroidery for a long time and definitely not on paper. For the tag I chose some shapes, cut them with nestabilities, underlaid it with felt and framed the cut-outs with little stitches and embroidery thread
I finished the tag with some beads, pearls and lace. Hhhmmmmmmm, not quite sure ... I need to do some more trials with paper thickness, threads, .... if anybody has any hints and tips for this, I would be very grateful for any advice. Have a great weekend Petra.

14 comments:

Jingle said...

This is beautiful!

Netty said...

oh wow Petra is there no end to your talents this is positively gorgeous. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Suze Bain said...

Petra, this is gorgeous - fabulous mix of materials. xx

Viv said...

Just beautiful Petra - can't give you any tips 'cos I can only just about thread a needle! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is absolutely stunning!

trisha too said...

Petra, this is beautiful! You may have just inspired me to give this a try!

~*~Patty S said...

ooo gorgeous white on white
AND
I am extra impressed you stitched on the paper
by hand?
I always wonder if punching a hole first would help but then it takes longer...but sometimes to pull the needle through I needed little needlenose pliers to help or a rubber thing to grip the needle...wondering if you found the same problems?

it was worth anything you went through Petra, really lovely!
oxo

Maia said...

very beautiful your tag with paerls and beads!
Have a nice weekend
greetings Maia

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful! You did an amazing job with this embroidery!

Sabrina said...

This came out beautiful. I haven't done any embroidery before, but I have been wanting to learn to do a crochet edge on paper. Yours is very inspiring!

Alexa said...

What a gorgeous tag - really clever idea using the felt and then stitching. Clever you! x

Robin said...

Absolutely gorgeous just as it is Petra!

Hugs,
Robin

Christine said...

Your tag is beautiful. It must have taken quite awhile to create.

Marjie Kemper said...

It looks wonderful. Love the texture of the stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails