Tuesday 14 June 2011

A New Book

Last Saturday I went to my second bookbinding course and I LOVED it. Tghere is just something really satisfying in being able to create your own book out of somepaper, card and some thread. This time we only used coptic binding for the book
The paper for covering the front and back cover are from K&Company and the small circles are punched from corrugated card. I used waxed linen thread for the binding ... and some beads for embellishment.
Each section inside the book, the signatures, are made up of some white paper and a black 'wrapper' paper
I also decorated the book a little bit with some 'Things with Wings', our current Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge which you can hopefully all join.
Have a great afternoon, Petra.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Petra
To be able to bind your own books is really special.
Great results.
Wishes
Lynne

Robin said...

Fabulous book and the beads are a beautiful touch Petra!

Hugs,
Robin

Shelly Schmidt said...

I <} this project! Wonderful!

judyjstamper said...

This is really cool Petra. Don't know if it'll happen, but I've made a note to myself to check out making books as you've made it sound so interesting!

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Petra. I agree that there would be a lot of satisfaction in makeing/binding your own book! Love the beads at the spine too!

Lynn Stevens said...

how cool Petra, This tech is on my wish list!
hugs Lynn

Anonymous said...

How brilliant, I love this book. Wish I could find a book binding course it looks a lot of fun. xx

Terry said...

This is just so clever! Love your gorgeous book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails