Wednesday 6 April 2011

The World of the Geisha

April is already in full swing and Gingersnap Creations has started its journey to the Far East. The first stop on this journey is Japan with its magical and mysterious world of the Geisha
The base for this postcard type project are two different colour BasicGrey papers, they are layered and slightly distressed around the edges. I added a bamboo image from The Sum of All Crafts. One side of the image is stamped upon with Kaisercraft stamps and embossed. On the opposite side I added 'fake' banboo sticks which I painted black. The focal point is the Geisha with her rich Kimono

The basic instructions for the Geisha creation can be found here. The paper used is japanese Washi paper which is wonderful to work with when it comes to folding. The finishing touches are a little birdie, an embossed fan and some fancy hair decoration.

Come and join us on our journey and enjoy the magical works of art of the Gingersnap DT, Petra.

12 comments:

Netty said...

As soon as I saw this card Petra I fell in love with it, so beautiful. Thank you for the link. Annette x

Gerri Herbst said...

Just love the japanese paper kimono..Such a pretty piece.take care, gerri

2amscrapper said...

Stunning creation! I love the paper folding with Washi papers.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, how stunning, Petra!! What a beautiful piece.
How are you doing? Great, I hope!!!
XO

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's fantastic and a great inspiration. I'm still working on my idea.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great card, love your gesisha! Valerie

Martina said...

Eine traumhaft schön gestaltete Karte im asian style....Kompliment!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Petra, very clever to put it together in papers. Love the embossing, thanks for sharing the link.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sensational ! Beautiful piece of art, love it

Marie

Suze Bain said...

This is beautiful, I just love your origami geisha. x

Anonymous said...

Your geisha is gorgeous! Extraordinary art!

trisha too said...

Petra, I REALLY like this--your geisha card is so pretty, and those papers are gorgeous!

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails