Thursday 2 September 2010

Miss Sunflower

Please, may I introduce you to Miss Sunflower? She is a tribute to all the amazing and wonderful sunflowers which grow around my allotment plot. I absolutely love all the varieties of sunflowers with their huge flower heads, their wonderful colours ... all the different tones of yellow and brown
I created the cotton reel doll for the Art 'n' Soul challenge on Flickr. The challenge was set by Viv ... she always has the most amazing and challenghng ideas! The challenge was based on the design and instructions from Sue Roddis and was featured in a recent issue of Craft Stamper Magazine and there were two MUSTs:
must be made from torn strips of card and her face must be a stamped image

I must admit the lady turned out to be quite chunky with a body made of watercolour card torn in strips and painted with thinned acrylic paint. I wiped of some of the paint to get a more uneven surface. The stamp for the face is from Heindesign stamped on Cosmo Cricket paper which I also used for the leaves ie arms (lol). The sunflower frame around the face is a free image from Arthur's Clip Art. The head and the arms together with the body looked quite plain at the time ... so embellishments were needed and I started to experiment with stamps and shrink plastic to make some buttons. This is such fun! I used the same stamp for the image on the pockets where some faux stitching appears ... and, of course, the pockets of a sunflower lady in a garden are always filled with some goodies ......
Enjoy the late summer days, Petra.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont have any sunflowers in the garden but bought a bunch the other day because i love them too. Your sunflower doll is so cute and full of sunshine just like a sunflower.
hugs June x

Netty said...

LOL Brilliant fun, Annette x

Lorraine said...

Oh, that is fun. I love stuff like this.

Unknown said...

This is really good fun hun, Love allotments and Sunflowers are one of my faves

love Dawn xx

P.S. yr ATCs haven't arrives I have now completed Two and should get them off to by the end of next week (thanx for your patience) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails