Wednesday 16 June 2010

Simplicity - Flourishes

Another challenging task from Susan for the One-Layer Wednesday card. I really struggled with this one and ended up having seven tries (!): the task is to use a flourish on our card
All stamps are from Lavinia. I have not used them beforehand and still have to practise. The stamps are very fairy-tale like and really sweet. I stamped the images with Tim Holtz Distress and Elzybells Hybrid ink. To give the images a bit more depth I highlighted the swirls surrounding the little houses with a golden gel pen. Petra.

11 comments:

Createology said...

I love the whimsy this stamp offers. Happy creating...

Jan said...

This is delightful Petra. I haven't seen those stamps but they are so effective.
p.s. LOVE your cakes too.... how clever you are.

Abounding Treasures said...

I love the soft colours and the whimsical look of the flourish :o)

Mim said...

Love the green leaves creeping in around the edges - like you are peering through a hedge to spot the fairy houses!

Donelda said...

the gold is a nice accent and emphasizes the "flourishes" :-) Cute stamps!!

lililindsay said...

Caught my eye straight away. I recognised the images. I am a real fan of Lavinia Stamps. Love the depth that the branches create. I also like the idea of highlighting the swirls with gold pen.

Alanna Harris said...

beautiful...love the addition of the gold pen!

Susan Raihala said...

Petra,

This is soooo sweet and swirly! Great idea to highlight with the gold pen. Love it!

Susan

Susan said...

So pretty!

Ruth M said...

A great card, I love your leafy flourishes around the edge of the card!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fab fairy card!
Love the layout and the colours.

Hugs
Maarit

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails