Sunday 16 May 2010

Ribbons Re-organized

Do you know the feeling when you are looking for a specific piece of ribbon and you cannot find it because it is burried under a pile of various other ribbons ... or you find it and then it is entangled with loads of others and it takes you forever to get it out? A couple of days ago I had quite enough of being in this situation and thought that there had to be a way of avoiding such a dilemma. And the answer for me came with some ribbons I bought from Ebay. They were attached to a little tag and I thought that I should be able to replicate this scheme for my ribbons. And here is what I came up with - ribbon tags thanks to nestabilities, quickutz circles, crop-a-dile and the Graphics Fairy
I printed the images from the Graphics Fairy on slightly textured and quite thick white cardstock, cut the tag with nestabilities and a hole for the ribbons in the bottom of the tags with the circle die. And the tags were ready for the ribbons.
I now only had to think of a method to store the ribbons and I decided that a hanging option would be best ... this is why there is a hole at the top of the tag.

Next question where to put it ... a hook, a bar .... well, you might know those thin coat hangers made from metal? .... PERFECT

I am very happy with this solution and hopefully very soon all my ribbons will be re-organised (LOL). Have a good start into the new week. Petra.

21 comments:

the old white house said...

What a great idea! That is such a pretty way to display your ribbons and make your crafting time more fruitful! Theresa

Sherry said...

Your ribbon tags are beautiful works of art in their own right Petra - but what a great idea for storage. I have some of mine in two plastic boxes, in little plastic bags, some in a cupboard and some on reels through a piece of dowling - not very organised at all - I prefer your way.

Unknown said...

that is so nifty Petra - I seriously need to organize my ribbons ;-)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Petra--these are gorgeous!!!! And what a fabulous idea--you are SOOOO clever! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Petra, What a great idea, and how clever of you to figure out how to make them. Just wondered how you got them on the wire hanger?
Margaret

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Petra this is such a clever idea!!! These little tags could not be any cuter and so handy too! Thanks so much for linking this one up today.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those are genius--and so darling!

Zuila said...

whoooo this is so pretty!!

sandra said...

Petra, these are so lovely!!!!! love them!! What a great idea!!!

Kileen said...

These are a great idea. I have so many ribbons without spools this would be good for keeping them organized.

Cindy Adkins said...

Congratulations on being featured on The Graphics Fairy!!!! This is so exciting! And I loved those hanger tags when I saw them last week....still do!!!
HUGS

Anji* said...

What a great idea! I've been trying to think of a way to store ribbons, this is clever, simple and cute!

Bettythebaglady said...

Hopped over from Graphics Fairy and wow I love this idea. So pretty as well as practical. Hope you don't mind if I pinch it and put a link on my blog. Hugs BettyXXX

Bettythebaglady said...

Meant to say-I'm a bit dim but how did you get them on the coat hanger? Cut the ribbon hanger or the coat hanger? It's difficult to tell from the picture. BettyXXX

Countrygal said...

Great idea..they are really lovely!

Anonymous said...

Petra, very pretty! Did you print the image on both side of the cardstock? How did you get them onto the hanger once completed? Such a lovely idea. Mine are thrown in boxes or in a dispenser box but takes so much time to sort through each time I'm looking for the right ribbon for a scrapbook page or card.

Carolee ~ ArtPodStudios said...

These are GREAT!! Love the idea and so stylish!

Jill said...

oooo very, very, neat.

Nancy said...

Wonderful idea, thanks so much for sharing!

Donna said...

Hi Petra,
I just love your ribbon organizer idea! How beautiful! I would be ashamed to show you my ribbon box! In need of some serious organizing! thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I may be giving this a try because what I am doing now isn't working! Well that and because they are SO PRETTY! ~Bridgette
(I found you through The Graphics Fairy)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails