Wednesday 5 May 2010

Paper Dress

Dressmaking, design and dresses .... an irresistible combination .... and thanks to Sherry, a very talented lady, the current challenge for Art 'n' Soul: Design-A-Dress. Sherry provided a template for the dress and the rest has been left to our imagination ... what fun!
The dress should measure between 5 to 6 inches high and 4 inches wide. The style, techniques and materials used were whatever we liked


Supplies:
paper - Prima
ribbon/lace/metal thread/glas beads - from my stash
blings - Kanban
image - Antique Images

I decided to give the dress a front and a back ... don't laugh I don't know how you wear your dresses but mine all have front and back (LOL) .... and it all came sort of together when I saw the Prima paper. I instantly loved the style, colours and pattern ... all I had to do was to find matching ribbon and lace and some embellishments.
After the initial decorating the front still looked still a bit plain and flat so I printed and cut a red rose image from Antique Images and placed the open flower on the front and the rosebud on the back of the dress.
The hanger is a firstfor me as I have not really worked with metal yet. But it was great fun to twist and twirl it together with the glas beads to give it the look of a coat hanger.

This project was great fun, maybe you also want to give it a go? If you are up for a dressmaking challenge have a look at Alice and Camilla's blog! I absolutely loved this project, thank you so much, Sherry! and I am looking forward to the next one, Petra.

NB Have I already told you? I can hardly believe it ... I have been awarded my third Ginger Gems honourable batch for the Teabag Booklet ... I feel so honoured and very proud!

10 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful dress Petra... the colours, design and embellishments are glorious

Debby said...

What a sweet dress, beautiful work.
Debby

Karen said...

You did a lovely job!! Even your hanger is precious!!

Donna said...

Hi Petra,
I love the dress you created! It is beautiful! Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and your nice comments. Stop in again!

Sherry said...

I absolutely adore your dress Petra - front and back and the cute little hanger is wonderful too! So glad you joined in - thanks!

Deborah said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the attention to detail (a back! never crossed my mind)and the gorgeous beaded hanger.

Lisa Gatz said...

I LOVE this project!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

wowza! wowie wow! that is the stunningest thing I have seen all day! 'm so glad I am seeing your blog today, I tried to visit two days ago and it was some weird database looking page, huh? Great work!

~*~Patty S said...

Your dress AND hanger are wonderful Petra ... both sides!

Have you see Margaret's monthly dress up challenge over at Alice and Camilla? It is lots of fun too!
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

Oh silly me, I got distracted in the middle of visiting you (don't want my family to think I am ignoring them ;) )
I see you DO know about Margaret's Dress Up

Your dress is really splendid Petra
oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails