Wednesday 7 April 2010

April Birthstone

... Diamonds at the Daring Cardmakers .... I must admit I am not really a diamond person ... and, no, the little gems on the two little cards are NOT real diamonds (LOL)
I haven't done a lot of crafting lately because I had to tidy up my craftroom first ... it was a bit of a mess (lol) ... It took me a while to see what I wanted to do with the April Birthstone ... but then I found the image from Magic Moonlight Free Images and it all sort of fell into place.
I cut the basic shapes (nestabilities label 8 - one of my favourites) from Crate paper, distressed the edges with VersaColor ink and layered the shapes.
The saying is printed on embossed paper (words) and embellished with some blings from Kanban. The image is slightly discoloured with Sepia tones and framed with embossed paper. As final touch I stamped the words 'always & forever' from Elzybells around the card onto the background shape.
Just 8 more birthstones to go ... Petra.

1 comment:

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Petra, love your "Diamond" card for this weeks challenge. I really love vintage looking cards and the image you have chosen is perfect and so charming.
Sallyx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails