Sunday 14 March 2010

Party Time Art Exchange - part 2

And here are No 3 and 4 postcard for the Gingersnap Creations 'Party Time Art Exchange' challenge. These two are quite different from the first two ... more elegant (I think (lol)) and vintagey. Both cards are mainly based on images from the incredible Graphics Fairy image collection. If you haven't visited her blog yet, it is definitely worth a visit!

Dinner Party
The image printed on linen textured card and is the cover to an old sheet music. I filled the frame with a lovely couple from the Vintage Moth and surrounded it with a small ribbon and a little ribbon rose. The text is printed separately whereby the label is slightly bigger than the original one.

Tea Party
Ladies and a little child meeting for Tea Time - what a wonderfult pastime (lol). I printed the image on linen textured card, cut it with nestabilities label 8 and layered and framed it with two different blue tone glittery (unfortunately not too visible) cards. The tea cups are for big and little people alike. Looking at the postcard again I just realised ... oh no, I forgot the scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam! What a shame (lol) ..... Petra.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome, Petra! Love them!

Lynn Stevens said...

These are adorable. I'll have two sugars and a cream for my tea please!

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are gorgeous and charming!

2amscrapper said...

I love what you did with those GF images. I also used that teacup. Your postcard are wonderful.

Hels Sheridan said...

Seen them in the flesh and they are lovely x

Jan Hennings said...

Super cute projects!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love them! I think the first one is my favorite! I love the background graphic and have had it saved for a some day project.

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

These are beautiful Petra!! The trim you used on both pieces is so pretty! Thanks so much for linking this one up today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails